Killem and Octy's Misadventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonrider keep

2 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Dragonrider keep - Page 31 Empty Re: Dragonrider keep

Post by Killem450 Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Yer also not uncle. Does it matter if hes adopted. I mean I kindah am too and I get past et. An yea Cy did tell me, its a burden he carries with him every day. Im sure ye relate to hurting people ye love unintentionally. Not saying et was right but sometimes instincts take over clearly dont they. Et sounds like ye still harbor somthin against him? An its alright te feel that way, yer entitled to yer feelins. So what do ye want? Just te be sad and angry or try to work on some shimmer of somthin else. I know what ye are lad, but thats not what makes ye you. Even the reaper tries to make people smile sometimes."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:42 pm

"I didn't come here to get lectured." He grumbles sullenly, searching out Andre for help. Re doesn't meet his gaze back, studying his freckles on his arms and ignoring him. "I just want Andre. That is what I came here for. Not you. Not Cyrus." He snaps, more anger bubbling to the surface. "Yeah. I am what I am. I don't pretend to be anything else and I can tell you don't like it." He stands defiantly, letting the blanket slide away. "You're not supposed to enjoy me. That's the point and you can't stop it so I would quit now." He gestures to the direction they entered from, teeth gritted. "You don't get it. I don't WANT to be part of this family. I don't care what's changed here."

There is a knock this time at the front door, small but loud.
October
October
Admin

https://agentsarego.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:11 pm

"Well Andre and the rest of us ARE this family lad, no use gettin mad. Your the only one upsettin yourself here. An I never said I didnt like yeh, what gave you that immage?" Adneil gets intruppted by the knock on the front door. "Jest calm yerself okay were not out te get ye. Lemme go get that door."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:50 am

A slim boy, on the shorter side greets him. He is cute, about the same age as Sol with wide pale eyes and dark hair. He is very pale, just barely on the cusp of puberty and petite. His expression is stoic, though an eyebrow does raise as he has to crane hus neck up to look at him. "Hello. Sorry to bother you." He gives a polite, curt bow, the clothes he has on expensive and refined to match his mannerisms. "I was sent to fetch Jericho. Is he here?"
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:54 am

Adneils voice echoes into Jerys mind and shows him an immage of what hes looking at. "Someones at the door for you. Ill bring them to the kitchen."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:01 am

The boy waits patiently until he is led inside, Jericho finally having dressed himself. He is standing and waiting, chewing his lip almost anxiously. "Bel? You okay?" The boy just sighs as he steps in front of him, shaking his head as if he should know. "They sent me to get you. I'm fine." Andre perks up, studying the newcomer. "Bel? You've gotten big!" Bel just nods at Re in acknowledgement, arms behind his back. "Hello, Uncle Andre. They told me you were back."

Jericho sighs and turns toward Re, moving over to hug the man tightly. "Call me, please? I missed you a lot..." Andre hugs him back, patting his back gently. "Missed you, too. Better get going." The dark haired child looks back to Adneil, the moment passing quickly. "Sorry for the trouble he caused. They sent me to diffuse the situation as he seemed to be bothering you. No harm done?"
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:21 am

"Little to no trouble, its fine. There was no situation at all. Jery if you must leave then travel safe, ill tell the family you say goodbye." Adneil waits patiently for the situation to dissolve. After they have gone he turns to Andre. "Hes not a burden to us... Stop apologising for him... Trust me I understand... I was a lot like him in my youth, its just how he has to be. Right? Now where were we?

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:30 am

Andre lets the tension leave him once they are gone, sighing loudly and visibly relaxing. "Glad you understand... He does try. Not everyone sees it." Stealing some leftovers for himself, he talks while he chews. "Did you wanna talk to me some more? I was hoping... If ya don't mind, if I could talk to Ma on my own for a bit."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:01 am

"Well as ye can imagine I just wanna get te know ye but tha will come in time im certain. Go ahead I wanna check up on yer siblins anywho. Im sure they are fine but still worried fer me. Ill go get yer ma." With that Adneil stands up from his huge chair and goes to get Cyrus and check up on the children. Peaking into the room the all seem to be in a heap on the bed still Sol and Art and Devon hanging with them too. "Eh darlin, Andre was wantin te talk to ye alone fer a bit if ye can manage? I got the kiddos , Jeri has left fer the evenin it seems."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:25 am

Cy hops up, anxious and excited all at once. "Thank ya, sweetheart!" He stops in front of the giant, hopping from foot to foot expectantly. "Can't reach!" The man chuckles, wanting to kiss him before he disappears.

A few weeks pass, Cyrus insisting Andre stay with them which the man doesn't really seem to mind. He is a good guy, relatively calm compared to his family and a bit mild mannered. He is also naturally somewhat clumsy, funnily enough. Generally, he is optomistic and pleasant, getting along with most of the house but there are times where he is caught extremely depressed looking or quiet. Cy suggests they understandably get him some help, another thing Re has no arguement against it seems. Cy dotes on him, a little clingy and worried for obvious reasons, though Re doesn't complain. The dragons really seem to adore their eldest brother, hanging off of him frequently once they get to know him. Sol opens right up with his mother back, babbling and talking excitedly all the time and full of energy. Andre seems to like kids, even hanging out with Arch's children occasionally with no issue.

Yasuo set up a meeting for Arch with Sean, something that is happening today. A polite knock comes from the front door in the afternoon.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:58 am

"Oi one minute!" Heavy footsteps are heard aproaching the massive hardwood oak door, fastened together with hand forged casters and rivots foliage is engraved along the dark wood with a light colored filigree accenting the near black metal. The door opens smoothly letting a cent of various flowers gust from within the castle. The redheaded giant stands over the guest at the door. "Ue must be the teacher that I herd about eh? Well comon in, ill grab the others."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:13 am

Two men stand before him, one tall and dark and the other smaller and light. The man that looks up at him first, peers a young face of perfect symmetry towards him. Pale eyes blink once, then twice, something odd in the way he does it that doesn't feel completely normal. His hair is a strawberry blonde in color, swept back, simple clothing beffiting a servant complete with gloves adorned on his frame. The man seems normal again... Almost too normal... But then another glance and for a split second he may not be after all. Adneil cannot shake the feeling that he seems less real and more akin to an inanimate object or a doll. The smile that comes over his flawless face whisks that feeling away momentarily as it comes naturally. "Then we are at the right place, I take it? Jourdine residence? Thank you for seeing us so promptly." His accent doesn't match his person, the melodic sing-song of Welsh.

The man next to him was fiddling with his pocket watch, muttering something to himself as the door opened. He clumsily pockets it in his breast pocket, leaning quite heavily on a simple cane, much worse than even Arch. His dark hair is beginning to salt and pepper with age, it less perfect than his companion's and a little disheveled from the trip. He would be taller if he didn't lean so, slim and a bit on the lankier side. Oddly, one of his eyes whirrs as he stares up at the giant, regarding him with clicks of metal. It actually zooms outward not unlike a camera, gold bits of clockwork at the sides ticking away as it works. Interestingly, he wears modified glasses, only one lens covering his regular eye and the other empty. A heavy scar decorates his forehead and downward into the mechanical one as he looks on. "Yes. Sean Hawtrey. You were expecting me." He nods, still studying him quietly. "This is my servant, Pray. I hope you don't mind his accompanying me. I have a hard time getting around, as I am sure the Doctor mentioned." His accent is average, more posh and English.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:19 am

"Me names Adniel Jourdine, dun worry bout the helper! I know the job all too well meself. We got more then enough space here to accomodate ye and Pray mister Hawtrey. If ye dont mind, Im more then willin to give you two a lift to the study rather then walking if it helps?" He scootches down on his haunches to talk to the two men easier. "If ye want te walk to then ets fine. But befer ye come in, did anyone tell ye bout the circumstances of the family and how were unique? Dun wanna scare u off too quick." The giants expreshion seems to be one of discomfort as his lower lip starts quivering and his right eye gets a small stitch to it. A muffeled whining and scratching sound on leather coming from behind the giant as a tuft of hair starts moving slightly, chirping coming from it. A glint of gold peeks out from a small opening in the hair as the giants face melts to a warming smile.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 am

"Yes. He did." His eye retracts itself as he moves to walk forward, shaking his head. "Thank you, it's best I do as much as I can myself. Lead the way. I am at your disposal, I guess you can say. Introduce me and tell me about things as you like. I will listen." Unlike Arch, it doesn't seem he can let go of his crutch, a might slower and limp heavier.

Pray trails behind patiently, studying things with a calm, quiet expression at the structure and decor of the place. He smiles at the hint of gold moving around, a pleasant and easy air about him.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:22 am

"Alrighty, ill lead ye this way then. Ill let Arch and Yasuo fill ye in on everythin. Pleasantries and manners aren't my strongest qualities." As they move along they go at the old mans pace, Adneil unbothered by it at all. A small face pokes out at prey from the giants hair and blinks with a chirp. You can tell the little one is sniffing to figure out what is odd about the man. A little sneeze and a flame erupt from the giants hair. Eventualy they make their way to the study and Adneil has the two get comfortable then leaves the men to wait only momentarily. The door to the room opens slowly as a audible clatter can be hurd from the other side of the door. Arch is pushing a trolly with a purple and black colored china set with bright green livy painted over it, the yellow flowers of the plant speckled along the ivy encircling the dishes. Yasuo has a platter with what seems like various pastries as he follows his husband. Brinign the trolly to purchase beside the two seated men. "Welcome to the estate gentalmen, I am Archadious, I believe we have met briefly in the past due to our feild of work and As you know this is Dr. Yasuo Jourdine. We have brought various flavors of tea for us as we talk, we also have some home made pastries as well if you are hungry." Standing next to the trolly he waits patiently hand in hand for a response if the gentaln would like tea or not.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:53 am

Sean stands, a little slowly and with some difficulty as he extends a hand out towards him. "Pleasure to meet you. My colleague here speaks highly of you and, yes, I have heard things about you before. As for meeting, who knows, I have met many people and I am getting older. My memory fails me on that." His eyes trail downward, eyeing the tell tale signs of someone in a similar predicament as him physically. His eye whirrs softly as he shakes his hand, clearing his throat. "I am not picky. Whatever you reccommend, thank you." Pray stands to help Yasuo and them both dutifully. "I hope you don't find me rude, sirs." The doll pipes up as he helps serve. "I don't require food. Or sleep, if you're curious." Sean waits for the others to be seated, politely taking his tea and something small to eat.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:04 am

After exchangeing handshakes Arch mixes a batch of chamomile with accent of earl gray teas for everyone then steps back to let the boy take over. "No food or sleep... That seems to be a feat that someone here trys to encroach upon all too often." Arch gives a playful eye to Yasuo. "I do hope you like it, the tea components are all home grown." Looking tward Yasuo again. "So what would be the precipice of the arrangements that you would like to discuss Yasuo? Arch takes a gingerly seat upon his normal reading chair.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Pray remains standing, hands clasped quietly. He stands eerily still, to the point it doesn't seem he is breathing nor blinking.

Yasuo crosses his legs as he sits, sipping his tea quietly for a moment. "Well." He begins, setting the cup down as carefully as he can manage. "Aiko could probably use someone starting immediately. It may be easier with your health if you lived here but of course that is up to the three of you, Mr. Hawtrey. And meeting the children before we decide should probably be in order." To Arch, he adds. "I have spoken to him for a while now at work and I trust him. The floor is yours to ask him questions about himself, Arch, though it's nice to see you know each other."

Sean seems to be enjoying his tea, quiet until Yasuo finishes. "You can ask me anything. I have nothing to hide."  He shifts in his seat, wincing a tad. "Please don't worry too much about my health. It is a work in progress." Nodding to his companion, he gives a tiny smile. "And Pray is good help. He is much stronger than he looks and doesn't require much, as said. Living here wouldn't require much from me. I have no relatives or anything of the sort. Just Pray."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:26 pm

"Well if hes gonna meet the children may as well get the monkey off me shoulder." Adneil reaches into his hair and holds AJ in his hands. "Ets gonna be a bit befer me little ones are able te take classes but me and my other half have 4 of these lil guys! Ye think ye may be able te help with their learnin too. They realy dun take long. We dragons develop way faster then humans. They will be talking within the next month or so and figure out there other form within the year." Arch interjects as the giant is getting excited talking about his children. Whiping his brow with the black kercheif and lets out a sigh. "Adneil he hasnt made his choice yet. You should show a little temperance. But since were on the topic, We have a total of four children that are of schooling age and two that were born just a few weeks ago. All of whitch are startign to show some unique family traits and may or may not cause some tenacity to navigate. Ofcourse if you take up our offer room and board will be supplied as well as any needs will be accommodated to. I know of your medical feild and background but not too much more, as for us i am shure if you have questions they will be awnsered in time."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:40 pm

AJ squirms in his grasp, making all sorts of noise as he wants to be let go to investigate the new folks.

Pray seems to "come to life" again and smiles at the dragon faintly though he doesn't move.

"About that... Doctor Jourdine did mention.... I am not too familiar with inhuman working in person but I am not unaware of them, as I am sure you can guess. Least of all, unfamiliar with, what, dragons I am assuming? That's definitely a rare sight." He calmly finishes his drink and sets down the cup with a gentle clink. "I did suggest to him that I know someone in my line of work that is also a teacher that may be more assistance in that area. And don't worry about that either, I am unruffled by most things. The arrangement of your relationships isn't a bother either, I will add. None of my business, anyways." Leaning back, he shrugs his shoulders oddly, a tightness about them. "If you have any concerns about me, please let me know, is all I am getting at." For a long moment of silence, he stares at Arch intently, "...Archadious, do you mind if I ask you something? You'll have to forgive me, I can't help myself."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:47 pm

"Eye, considerin till I had these lil ones I was the only dragon in existence fer the last few millennia. Dunchu worry bout their needs when it comes to their breed, They just need a education like any other lil tike." Adneil fighting with his little one is starting to get a bit flustered. "Now if ye excuse me lads, seems I gotta get this one down fer his nap. Say goodbye AJ." The little dragon gives a defiant skree as he is taken out of the room by his father, peaking over the giants shoulder and scrathing tryign to get away..

Arch appearing like a load has been lifted off his shoulders eases into his tea as well. Pausing momentarilty to savor the aromatic flavors of the herbs. "Well its nice to hear you have a broad aspect to the endeavours of our lifestyle. As for knowledge on pedigree of the children, I have that covered. Though I prefere to have them learned in a manner to oppose a singular point of veiw of education, so it would be a pleasure to meet this friend of yours as well. We may be very interested. As for concern it seems I have nothing to be opposed about currently as long as you arent offput by our family. Please go ahead, I will awnser if possible." Leaning forward into his chair his elbows upon his knees with the teacup and platter held aloft under his head at chest hight. Assuming a more casual and relaxed stature.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:27 am

The servant gives a small little wave as they depart at the young dragon, seeming somewhat amused. His attention is grabbed, however by a gesture of Sean's hand for him to come forward and he strides closer to the man's side without a word.

"Pleasure to meet you." Sean calls to Adneil as he departs, watching the dragon. Turning back to Arch, his eyes grow keen once it's just the four of them. "I don't mean to embarrass you but might I see your arm and your leg? No harm, I promise you. As you're aware of my expertise, it's purely to help." Yasuo glances toward Arch, gauging his reaction it seems and gives his own shrug.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:58 am

Arches reaction is one of intreague. As he plaves his cup and plate on the ajacent stand woth a tiny clatter. "They are old cruesade wounds. I found myself in a predicament that cost me my arm and my leg... Literaly. If it wasnt for the grace of god I probibly wouldnt have them, and for that I am grateful." Taking off his shirt the scar mid bicept on his left arm. "My right leg was aputated right above the knee joint mid quadraceptial tendon. It doesnt bother me and it healed correctly, but the pain always has stayed. The brace is just for securities"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:20 am

"Braces are archaic, if you ask me." He states plainly, making another gesture to his servant toward Arch this time and Pray steps forward. "May I?" Smiles the puppet, looming close to his arm to take a better look, gloved hands hovering. Sean nods understandingly, watching from his seat. "I know how you feel. Interesting... So they grew back, I take it? It must have been the grace of God, then after all. Some of us aren't as lucky." His eye clicks and whirrs, zooming in and out of focus, something it seems to do only at things he is studying from long distances. "I may be able to do something about them so you could lose that brace, if you wanted. No pressure on my end, however." He glances down at himself, the same calm tone he has held since arriving. "It isn't any secret among the peers of my trade that I have none of my own limbs. They are made from the same material as Pray here and function somewhat similarly. I am sure I could figure something out for you."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:43 am

"Well if you want to usurp the endevor. You see my issue is though, they didnt grow back. More so they re attached themselves. When they did, the bone and tissues resutured together, but the nerves never synced. So to speak. So you see my limbs are here and I know how to use them from practice but I cannot feel them nor feel with them and thats where my limp and my issues arrise. I would love to have a pice of your art as it were though! Ive had this brace all too long." Arch has a excited smile cross his face at the thought of maby learning someones craft by proxy, and just the attention to somehting that has bothered him all these years.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next