Killem and Octy's Misadventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonrider keep

2 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Dragonrider keep - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonrider keep

Post by October Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:02 am

"Papa Satsu... W-was..." His voice cracks as he is interrupted, Midnight speaking up at the doorway.

"He was a demon hunter originally. He was an excellent human." Midnight explains softly, looking around the room as he stands there. "This was his library. He enjoyed reading." His smile falls on the shadowy figure still crouched low to the ground. "Hello, child. I am glad you decided to introduce yourself."

Shadow finally fades into view, the opaque figure becoming 3D until he is fully formed. He is a tall, skinny man with white-gray hair falling over one eye, his gaze a misty gray to match. He straightens to full height, hunched in a self concious way, his limbs almost unnaturally long as his arms hanging limply at his sides. He stares at the floor shyly in front of his feet, finally speaking up a bit louder in acknowledgement. "Mama."
October
October
Admin

https://agentsarego.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:47 am

"I can tell he was a great person... I can feel the sorrow coming from you two when you think of him. I am sorry, I know I cannot fill the same void he has left within you. Hopefully in time I can come to help fill some of it in some way." Arch walks over to the tall figure with his hand out a tender smile on his face.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:11 am

Shadow hesitates before he takes his hand, a similar coolness to his mother radiating through him and his own hand papery white. His handshake is limp as well and a bit awkward, not looking up.

Midnight continues to smile at the two, "Shadow, my darling, we need to talk." The younger Spirit fades from view once more, shimmering before he does like a mirage before reappearing to stand near Midi. As short as he is, he hovers over his mother with a look of concern. "Archadious has asked me to stay with him for a short time to help with my task. You and your sister will need to look after the house, please." Shadow's look is one of surprise and then disappointment, almost sad. Midnight reaches up to pat his son's cheek lightly. "Do not fret so much, Shadow love, it will be over before you know it and we shall visit. I am sure Archadious will not mind if you come to see us as well."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:52 am

"Actualy I eas going to ask myself. No reason why our familys cant mingle as well, im positive shadow will get along with my kin. I know from experiance its not fun spending what seems to be eternity alone. The castle has more then enough room and board to accommodate! Though I will give a forewarning, my eldest son and his family are rather forefront in the rambunctious department. Though they are good people too." Turning to Midi after. "Are you done? Shadow and I were just starting to get to know a bit about one another."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:11 am

Midnight nods his head at Arch, "Thank you. We appreciate it. I am pretty much finished as I do not need much. But by all means, we do not get many visitors. We can stay awhile." Shadow nods at his mother as he fiddles with his long fingers anxiously. "...Yes, mama. I will visit." The tall man leans forward, resting his cheek on top of Midi's head in a sort of hug.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:46 am

"Yes, I wouldnt mind staying for a moment... Gives you two a little bit together, as well as a moment of solitude and quiet for me. The house is rather loud as of late with all the little ones and the dragons coming into themselves right now. Your house seems extremely comforting and cozy, I adore the ambience."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:09 am

"We will give you some time alone, then. Come along, son." Midnight takes the man's hand like a small child, tugging him towards the door. "You may look around the house if you'd like. My home is your home."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:22 am

Arch looks a little embarrassed as he looks at the two men. "Well, its not necessary by no means! I dont mean to seem rude. What ever you two feel comfortable with." He looks on to the two men as he picks up a book on the stand beside him unintentionally without thinking.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:05 pm

"Having some peace and solitude will do you some good by the sounds. I have nothing to hide. I do not mind." He wanders out finally, taking Shadow with him with a brief smile.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Arch relaxes a bit and starts shifting thorugh the various papers and books within the room, happy for new material amd looking excited.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:29 am

Most of the material is on various races, notes in Satsu's same hand on all sorts of things. There is some on Raiden's race though not extensive but the biggest is on Midnight's large clan of Spirits. It gets a little embarrassingly personal at some points as he looks it over, describing sex from a personal account and breeding and pregnancy (though it is revealed that Satsu came along after all of Midnight's children.) There are sketches as well, ones of Midnight, other family members and even other races scattered here and there throughout his notes of all sorts. (And, yes, there are embarrassing sketches of Midnight as well.) Satsu seemed like a stand-up gentleman, quiet, calm, intelligent and polite from what he can gleen. He had a knack for writing, even jotted down poetry found doodled into the margins of books and other places. Arch definitely feels a kinship with the man, descriptions of him disposing of dangerous creatures as a hunter impressive in his ingenuity and strength even as a human and reveals a fiercely protective nature hidden under the surface. There are tomes in Spirit, accompanied by a couple handbinded books on how to read, write and decipher the language as it seems he self-taught. Other books are in various languages, some known and some demonic or ancient and long forgotten. There are a few personal effects in his desk, old ink and sets of calligraphy pens, charcoal, pencils. A pocketwatch that needs winding sits tarnished near the same pair of glasses he was wearing in their family photo. There is a bundle of notes and letters from various family members, quite a few signed from Midnight himself, sounding more passionate than you would surprisingly expect from the stoic man.

Midnight fetches him in time to get home for dinner as he promised, his tone light and quiet per usual. "Are you ready to go back to your family? I can feel you enjoyed yourself."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:06 am

"Yes, Im ready. It was a pleasure. Im glad you brought me, it helped more then you know about getting to know you, a little more then expected but It was nice. I hope we can grow to have a grand freindship as well one day!

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:03 am

Midnight smiles subduedly at him, actually gesturing for him to sit again for a moment. "We are already friends, if you were to ask me..." Pausing, he gathers his thoughts as he stands next to him as there is only the one chair. "I fear I have one more thing I must tell you. Part of my task that I have not entirely revealed and I apologize for that." He places a friendly hand on his shoulder as he speaks, a little unsure of himself which comes as a surprise. "I am sorry to do this to you but I have been asked to have another child of my own. I know you already have your hands full but rest assured, this is part of some grander plan I am not even privy to." Pausing, his dark eyes fall to the family portrait on the desk. "It has been millennia since I have been asked to do this and I had my youngest son...." Arch thinks back to Satsu's writing on the subject, most of the Spirits only having children when it is required of them, Midnight especially. All of Midi's children have no known fathers, the Spirit merely seeking out any soul that will perform the task as Satsu was his only real relationship and that came much later. "I feel the Almighty wishes to have one of us raised with your own children. There may come times when I must step out and care for my brothers and sister and their family or some other brief task assigned to me. The child should be there to oversee things in my place." He pats him lightly before finally letting go, still smiling. "So do not worry about me if I need to step out for a while in the beginning. I will keep you informed. And rest assured, I will not pick anyone that resides in your home."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dragonrider keep - Page 2 Empty Sudden assertions!

Post by Killem450 Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:20 am

Arch sits in the chair pondering for a moment. "Come, sit on the arm of the chair with me for a moment." He pats the old cloth arm of the chair. As the apirit takes purchase ha wraps an arm around midi. "Theres no rush for you to go off, and givin some time and conversation my family and I may be more then willing to accomodate on the matter... I dont know if you have been getting the same feelings I have but, im not supprized on the subject." He looks up to Midnight for the spirits reaction."Ive known since the first time I layed my eyes upon you..."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:57 am

The small man takes his seat quietly, staring down at him with unblinking curiosity. He feels boney and a bit thin in his arms, Arch reminded strongly of that cool darkness that surrounds the house up close and personally now. His eyes widen just a little at what he seems to be suggesting as he tilts his head curiously. "Archadious, that is not what I was implying... I wouldn't ask that of you." There is a split second where the Spirit almost seems sweetly shy, looking down and tucking a piece of his own white hair behind his ear. "...It would... It would make the most sense, I admit." His quiet voice grows even quieter. "I do not enjoy having to bed strangers. It would be appreciated but it is ultimately your family's decision."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:06 am

"I know you werent asking it of me, but it would only strengthen our bond and you said that this child is supposed to be there for mine, what would be closer then siblings? It just feels... Right. We will take our time if its alright with you? My family motto is everything happens for a reason, this has felt like it has ment to be from step one. If you are uncomfortable with it then I am not pressureing you Midi. Honeslty iIm still unshure, thats why I said give me and my family time, theres no rush."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 am

Midnight places a dry kiss on the man's temple, standing up slowly. "We will see how things pan out then. I will wait but it cannot be extremely long. The child should be of similar age, at the very least." He smiles faintly down at his friend again, offering him a hand to his feet. "You humble me. I should feel honored for the offer... Come, let's get you home."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:25 am

Smileing back at the spirit Arch stands up and gestures for Midi to lead the way. "Ill help with luggage, does shadow want to come so he can see where we will live?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:42 am

"He went to fetch his sister, actually. He should be able find us with no issue." Midi leads him to where his lugagge is, his bedroom dark but plain. A few family pictures line the wall, more artifacts that seem a tad more personal decorating sparsely. A large four-poster bed made of dark wood and silken bedding stands in the middle, the lighting soft and comforting, casting shadows on darkly wallpapered walls to match. "Here. Take my hands. I would like you to try to get us there yourself. I will help." He says reassuringly, offering lily white hands palms up as he faces him.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:03 am

Arch does as Midi telss him to and looks up for asisstance. "Okay, now what from here?" The look on his face is one of pure bliss toped with a large smile. "I adore learning something new!"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:14 am

Midnight takes his hands carefully and guides him through it, having him tap into the power he gave him and concentrate. It is hard to explain, the Spirit manipulating the darkness within him until he gets a feel for the right sensation. He concentrates and pictures home, Midi making sure they get to the right place but ultimately letting Arch do the work.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:36 am

Arriving back home arch lets out a audable sigh. A smile creeping over his face. "Let me go say im back to my family and we will get you situated Midi." Picking up some of the luggage at his feet he gives a cheery smile down to Midi. "Welcome to your next chapter my friend!"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:58 am

With a little bow of his head, he returns his smile. "Thank you. I am looking forward to it, my knight... Take your time."

Yasuo is setting the table for dinner with the help of their children. Raiden and the twins are missing, Cy and the dragons taking their nap and also missing for now. Andre is offering a hand, Sol already seated and rocking back and forth and playing with a spoon next to Akari. Art showed up while he was gone, also seated and waiting.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:18 am

"Were home everyone!" Arch walks over to Yasuo and kisses his cheek, then turns to the children as they greet him. "I missed you all, how did everyones day go?! Art welcome, glad to have you for dinner! Its been a little while since you visited, well have to catch up." Let me go show Midi his room and well be back to help with dinner. Wheres Rai kun? I miss him and the little ones as well, id liek to go say im home to them as well hun?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:30 am

Art looks to Midnight curiously but doesn't say anything about it. "Hey, Arch." He greets simply. Yasuo kisses his husband's lips before he can pull away, going back to the task at hand after. "Raiden wasn't feeling well and went to lay down. The twins are with him." The triplets cling to him excitedly, having missed him, Aiko smiling up at him and hugging his arm briefly as well. "Okaeri!" They all greet enthusiastically, trying to chatter over each other as they tell him about their day.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next