Killem and Octy's Misadventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonrider keep

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Dragonrider keep - Page 37 Empty Re: Dragonrider keep

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 am

Yasuo just nods, on guard it seems as he shifts their daughter closer to himself. She doesn't stop her chewing and drooling, staring up at the ceiling vaguely. Raiden who has Syl, helps the other two boys so they don't break anything as they all enter. Arch gets a rush of relief as he finds the other white haired gentleman exactly how he left him, sitting patiently. He looks up slowly from his lap as the door shuts behind them, the tiniest sliver of excitement in his strange eyes. "Hello. Please, sit with me? I only want to talk and meet everyone." Raiden hangs back near the door, appearing a bit offput as his eyes grow fully crimson. Yasuo glances over his shoulder at his brother and then back, frowning. "There is no need to be frightened of me... I understand it can be a bit overwhelming." Midnight speaks up again, then looks to the children sitting down well behaved across from him. He studies them each in turn, almost in a way that could come off pleased as they introduce themselves as asked. "You are very good children, thank you. I'm Midnight. I do know you, Yasuo. And Raiden. The smallest girl is Aergritia and her twin is Syldrian."

Yasuo bites back a grumble, standing near his children in a way that definitely comes off protective. "And how is it you know us?" Midnight smiles that little knowing smile. "I know many, many things. I simply want to help look after your family if you will let me. Of course, not here. From afar."
October
October
Admin

https://agentsarego.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 am

Arch standing playing with his beard is assessing the situation. "Not trying to be rude Midnight, but some more then just a name may provide useful to us as it were, and a explination should be in order. What exactly do we need protecting from?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 am

He lets out a small sigh, staring at the adults carefully as their children look on in confusion. "You especially, Archadious, realize what you have here. You have started quite the collection of rare individuals, have you not?" His eyes shift to Raiden who flinches and looks away at the attention. "You are the only one of your kind left, Raiden. Until now in your two boys. And you have just given birth to two creatures never even heard of... Dragons being bred by a man who was of a rare bloodline and is now also the only being of his kind. Even your teacher, Mr. Bernard, is very special." He pauses and collects his thoughts quietly. "I only wish to make sure that nothing happens just as much as all of you. That's all. Raiden especially, there are those that could bring great harm to you and your children if they knew. They have made sure to eradicate all of your kin until now. I merely want to add my piece to the board but I can only do that if you'll have me."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:38 am

"I am quite aware of the specialty of my family and it seems you have watched over us for some time... What ties do you have to us by chance, I am well aware of what you are ofcourse but it seems you are making my partners uneasey. I cannot make a decishion as this without knowing your ambitions, i am sure you inderstand?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:09 am

"If you know what I am, my ambitions should be clear." The room grows even darker around them, the balance of color continuing to dissipate. "I have had one duty since my creation, to uphold and protect the balance of this world with the help of my own family. Nothing more and nothing less. You and I both know there are some of you that tip that balance, moreso now with the birth of your twins. I want the same thing that the Gods meeting your grandchildren want, however, your family needed someone with my capabilities instead." It doesn't seem possible but the dark of his eyes grows, even darker and filling them wholly as he gazes at Arch. Arch feels a shiver run up his spine as the Spirit's tone drops, "Archadious Jourdine, do not push me away. My ties to you are stronger than you want to admit right now, aren't they? I felt it too out there at the entrance. I will not lie to you. I have never met any of you nor have I really been keeping watch. I meant what I said. I know things." The natural determination of the old man mixes with the same feelings of trust he felt earlier, this time stronger. Midnight shakes his head at the man, "I am not doing this to you but if you do not want me, say the word, and I will leave."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:25 am

"I never ment it as a slight to push you away Midnight, I just wanted you to describe to my family what is happening a little more... We do need your help I admit... I cant keep all the gods and spirits at bay alone... The nephalem have never existed before now... And I didnt realize I would be the one to sire them. But here we are. We can use you. Rai and Yasuo deserve what insight you can give them. So ofcourse you are welcome among us."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:38 am

He nods, eyes finding Yasuo again and then Raiden. "I wanted to save introductions of what exactly I am out of it as I hate to sound grandiose but I suppose it is necessary." He takes a deep breath before he continues, still quiet. "I am darkness. The darkness that covered this world before life itself and I will be the darkness that washes over it when it comes to its end. I am the oldest living being on this planet, even older than your husband and Adneil and if that does not answer the seriousness of your situation, there is nothing more I can say. As the eldest and head of my family, I am the direct line to the highest power and only I hold that title. My family is at your service."

Yasuo appears nervous, very nervous, entirely rare for him. Aergritia whines in response, feeding off the emotion radiating from her other father and waving a balled up fist grumpily. Midnight finally stands, approaching the blonde who takes an anxious step back, the Spirit offering his arms out hesitantly to take her. Yasuo looks to Arch for an answer, unsure of himself.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:02 am

Arch waves a hand in a downward patting type motion and mouths. "Its okay." To Yasuo as he looks to the little ones sitting on the floor, making shure they are okay. Then he moves over to console Rai, who he can feel needs him right now.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 am

Yasuo reluctantly hands over the girl, Midnight cradling her with experience. He tuts to her gently in some strange, alien tongue, primordial and unknown. It causes her to slowly quiet with a little huff and she seems fine after. He smiles down at her gently, letting her grasp clumsily at one of his fingers and put it in her mouth. "I do have some things to tell you now while I am here. Without the children, though I would very much like to get to them afterward." Yasuo nods slowly, rounding them up and asking them to find one of their teachers for now.

Raiden is in a small state of anxiety, shifting uncomfortably as Syl coos away carefree in his arms. The tiny boy looks to Arch as he approaches, simply staring in infantile fascination. The man squeezes his eyes shut as Arch touches him, tense but welcoming it as he moves into him for comfort.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 am

"Its okay darling." Arch coos into Rais hair as the man grasps anxiously at Arches vest. "I know its a lot for everyone, I owe you and Yasuo an explination afterward... Im sorry Rai." He runs his fingers through the log dark hair to try to comfort his lover. Looking to Midnight as the children leave, giving him his attention.

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:25 am

Midnight watches the two men sympathetically, his frown just as small as his smiles. "Well... Your two boys that take after their mother. There may be some issues there..." Yasuo sits down as the Spirit searches for the right words, still listening silently while he chews on a fingernail. "I have met very few of them even in my lifetime but what I do know is that your Kenji is a dominant male. That would make Mikio and Raiden, well, not... Puberty may find itself rough for them. Especially around each other. You may even find Kenji finding it hard to be around his mother. That's as delicately as I can put it, unfortunately, I'm sorry." Aergritia coos quietly up at Midi, done with his finger for now. "There is a drive in you, Raiden, I am sure you can feel it, to bring back your kin. I am sure they will be no different when the time comes. It may be something that can't be helped."

Raiden's eyes open only to widen the more he goes on, staring down at his son but not really seeing him. His grip tightens even more on Arch, painful but he is unaware he must be doing it.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Arches hand grips Rais as the man clutches to him. "Well be that as it may, we will of course take precaution as he gets older, lets not worry about that for now... Maby in a year or two. Whats that all you wantes to say to us without the children or is there more?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:29 pm

"The twins, I have a feeling, will grow quickly." Midi steps toward Raiden and Arch, the dark haired man hiding behind his lover more. "I only want to see the boy." He says gently, offering his free arm out toward them. Aergritia makes a gurgling sound, spitting up randomly on herself and the Spirit causing him to glance down distractedly, a white eyebrow raised. Shoulders twitching in a silent, brief giggle he cleans her up with his shirt carefully and murmurs to her again in his unique language, comforting and sweet. "This one... Takes after her mother, hm? But just like him do not let her fool you she will rival her brother, for sure."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Arch takes the infant from his wife softly no tonly for the baby but for hus near panicked lover. Handing the baby to Midi soflty. "How come it is, that I have some overbearing presence to trust you? Not that I dont but, its almost unnatural."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Raiden is reluctant to let go of his son, making a small noise in the back of his throat. Midnight cradles Syldrian in his other arm, giving the infant a smile as he stares up at the stranger curiously. "Well, look at you, little one. Just like your father." This causes Syl to kick happily, squeaking and bubbling in his tiny voice as drool dribbles down his chin. Those dark eyes lift slowly to meet his once more, an archaic seriousness in their bottomless depths. "Because you must. If you choose to accept me... You are my knight." Arch gets the impression he is cutely embarrassed, though it's vague like the rest of him as he shifts the comfortable twins and looks away. "I have no control over this as much as you do. I have not had one as far as I was aware for many, many years."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dragonrider keep - Page 37 Empty Pondering

Post by Killem450 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:24 am

"If I have this connection to you, then. We already have our awnser Midi. Everything happens for a reason..." Arch wraps his arms around Rai to help console him."Hun its okay, you alright?" Gently rubbing his lovers back and shoulders to help ease tension. Arch looks to his guest. "So what does this entail for me and us then? Is there tules and formalities as well, and why now?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:03 am

Raiden buries his face on him, quiet. He seems okay, giving a small, reassuring nod. Yasuo finally speaks again from his seat, still on edge himself. "A knight? What is that supposed to mean?"

Midnight looks to the blonde as he answers, "We are a race of checks and balances. An individual can become a protector to one of us... It's a bit random. It can be anyone from any race from anywhere but there is only one for each. They keep us in order in return and safe." To Arch, he adds. "Some are like friends, some are more companions, some merely do what is required of them and nothing more and some may even deny each other. Your duty is whatever you want it to be. No formalities, no penalties. The basic idea is that you just cannot allow me to come to harm. As for the why, I always assumed that you would come into my life when the time was necessary. And isn't it? Things do, indeed, happen for a reason."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:42 am

"Well, though we are a large and recluseive family we are humble and welcoming Midi. Im not sure how you go about your daily life, but if you would like to stay for a bit so we can get to know you I wouldnt mind. Though it is up to the family ofcourse. We can talk over dinner so you can get to know everyone else?" Arch looks almost too excited. "I havent held the title of knight for hundreds of years!"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:53 am

A squeal rises up from Syldrian as if answering his father's excitement, Midnight smiling down at him. "I don't really do much of anything most days... I would love to stay for dinner, if the others don't mind?" His tone holds a note of relief. "I am glad it doesn't bother you. I welcome you to choose your own path. However, if you would like to make it more official, I would be than happy to provide.... Also, Cyrus's eldest may be able to help with any things I may not be able answer. I do not know if you are aware but he is one as well."

Raiden lifts his head to study Midi holding his children cautiously, then studies Arch's face in turn. Yasuo stands, sighing softly with the motion. "I suppose I don't mind. I agree we should get to know you." He takes the infants from the man, rocking them gently.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:58 am

"No I am not sure we were aware..." Arch goes bavk to stroking his beard thinking while Rai is tucked under one arm. " Its settled then! Dinner it is. It is a ways off due to it beign lunch time but why dont I show you around the garden while Yasuo and Rai relax some with the children. Is the tea to your likeing?"

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:09 pm

"Oh yes! The tea was lovely, thank you. I would very much like a tour. I love plants and tea, myself." There's a hint of sadness mixed with his excitement, one that Arch almost physically feels. "I feel as though we shall get along just fine." Yasuo breezes passed the pale man with both twins, "C'mon, sweetheart." He says softly to Rai as he leads him out, pecking Arch's cheek on the way.
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Arch wives and sends a kiss the two mens way as they leave. "Is there something the matter,, I couldnt help but feel that something was mildly wrong with your last response? Also I suppose the place to start with getting know one another is, how much do you know about me? Honestly I know very little to nothing of you beside you are a spirit." He gestures to the door. "No rush whenever you would like. We can stay in here for a bit as well, up to you."

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:27 pm

The man actually looks towards his feet, a little embarrassed again at the catch of more human emotions running through him. "I apologize. My last knight was my lover and I was reminded of him. He is no longer with us... You understand what it is like to be as ancient as we are. He lived a full life but I must go on without him." Looking back up, he dismisses the subject rather quickly, the impression that it's harder on him than he lets on in his flat manner. He heads for the door, nodding politely. "We can speak as we walk... As for you, you are rather infamous, as I am sure you are aware. I am know of most things about you aside from your person. You must meet someone to gather their personality, after all. You are extremely pleasant thus far. I do appreciate it." He walks at his own pace, not only shorter with smaller strides it seems the type to simply take his time to look around without any need for a rush. "You may ask me anything you would like. I am here to cooperate."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killem450 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:52 pm

"Well its in my nature so to speak. As you realize I am from a quite different era as well. Im sorry to bring up a tender topic then." Then men walk to the cortyard, the cent of hydrangia in bloom this time of year is the prominent armoma in the area, the colors of dull blue and reds and purples around them in the lush blooming trees. Various birds are fluttering around the trees chasing their daily foods and one another. "Personality is key, and it is why I wish to get to know you as well... We have an uncanny bond between us, so I was hopeing to get to know you a bit more. Besides your role, give me a little insight about yourself, and what role would you want to take within my family as well, meaning even though we get along witch I know we will, what does this mean for my family and what is expected of them and I?

Killem450

Back to top Go down

Post by October on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:58 pm

Midnight's eyes close momentarily as he drinks in the floral scent, breeze ruffling his hair pleasantly. As he opens them, a tiny bird lights down on his shoulder and sits there. He doesn't really acknowledge it until another one lands on his head, hunkering down comfortably as he attempts to glance up without moving too much. "Hm." Is all that comes out of him at the animals before he answers Arch. "I just want to be there for you. Whatever you need, my duty currently is to your family entirely. It is your choice what that is at any given moment." He pauses to study the old man's expression. "I am here mainly for your twins. Your Raiden has his own choice what happens to his people. He can choose to rebuild or not, just as Adneil has made his choice. We will help him in any way he decides." The birds flutter off with excired chirps, chasing after one another as he watches unblinkingly. "I do not mean to influence, just oversee. As we do not know their powers I must prevent anything cataclysmic. If they are too powerful, you may need my help is all." Smiling faintly at him now, "You simply need to do your duty as their father. Watch over them and protect them. Mold them into individuals that will not do harm and make proper decisions with their gifts."
October
October
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum